Microneedling is a beauty procedure needed to improve blood circulation and enhance collagen production. It is an integral part of medspa care that is the complex approach for keeping your skin glowing and youthful. Since microneedling provides direct puncture of a patient’s skin, skincare is essential to protect the skin barrier until it heals. Moreover, even home microneedling also requires some extra med spa care options. Today, we’ll discuss what products to use after microneedling and the working aftercare tips.
Skincare tips behind a procedure
1. Follow the instructions that appoint a doctor behind the microneedling procedure. These instructions are typically based on features of your skin type to suit you the most.
2. The sun might seriously damage your skin in the first week after the cosmetic procedure, so make sure you don’t spend too long in the sun.
3. It is essential to implement sunscreen into your daily skincare routine in the first two weeks after microneedling. Apply sunscreen products every time you go outside.
4. Wash or cleanse your hands before touching your face – the extra bacteria is not relevant after the puncture of your skin.
5. To prevent any infection, use the antibiotic cream that your cosmetologist appoints.
6. It is essential to avoid makeup on a face, especially in the 24 hours behind microneedling. Makeup brushes that were used before aren’t an excellent idea, either.
7. Heavily sweating won’t be good for your skin after a puncture, so make sure you don’t visit saunas and swimming pools and don’t workout in the gym. 72 hours are enough to restore these activities.
Best products to use after microneedling
1. Hyaluronic acid after microneedling is often prescribed by multiple cosmetologists. This product is ideal for improving collagen production in your skin. Additionally, your skin following the microneedling procedure might become drier than usual, so don’t forget to hydrate it carefully.
Hyaluronic acid works great to restore the skin to the perfect moisturizing level. Choose skincare products that contain several forms of this acid to get the advanced absorption and penetration.
2. Ceramides suit patients well behind the microneedling, as well. These fatty acids keep the skin barrier sound and keep moisture in it, not to mention faster healing and reduced risk of getting irritation.
3. Peptides proteins are helpful to keep your skin intact. These compounds don’t increase skin sensitivity – conversely, they remain nice skin-soothing ingredients. Go for peptides to strengthen the microneedling effects, too.
4. Zinc is another compound to help your skin recover following the microneedling procedure. Zinc is well-known in the beauty and health industries thanks to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It is the best choice to restore the balance of the skin’s microbiome and promote faster skin healing behind the puncture.